12 VES nominations Tuesday 2 March 2021
We're thrilled to announce that Framestore has been nominated for 12 awards at the upcoming VES Awards, a programme that recognises and honours the most outstanding visual effects work of the year and honours the artists who created them.
A huge congratulations to all our colleagues and clients on the nominations.
After a tough year for everyone, this is recognition that we know means a lot. Especially seeing as all of the projects we've been nominated for were delivered by our teams of artists from home.
Framestore's nominations are:
Outstanding Visual Effects in a Photoreal Feature
- Jingle Jangle: A Christmas Journey (Eric Guaglione, Carlos Monzon)
- Project Power (Ivan Moran, Joao Sita, Matthew Twyford)
- The Midnight Sky (Chris Lawrence, Max Solomon)
Outstanding Visual Effects in a Photoreal Episode
- Lovecraft Country; Jig-A-Bobo
- Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made (Nicolas Chevallier)
Outstanding Supporting Visual Effects in a Photoreal Episode
- The Crown; Gold Stick (Andrew Scrase)
Outstanding Animated Character in a Photoreal Feature
- Jingle Jangle: A Christmas Journey; Don Juan Diego (Eric Guaglione, Shuchi Singhal, Adrien Annesley, Mahmoud Ellithy)
Outstanding Animated Character in an Episode or Real-Time Project
- The Crown; The Balmoral test; Imperial Stag (Ahmed Gharraph, Ross Burgess, Gabriela Ruch Salmeron, Joel Best)
- Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made; Total (Maxime Masse, Hennadii Prykhodko, Luc Girard, Sophie Burie)
Outstanding Model in a Photoreal or Animated Project
- The Midnight Sky; Aether (Michael Balthazart, Jonathan Opgenhaffen, John-Peter Li, Simon Aluze)
Outstanding Effects Simulations in a Photoreal Feature
- Project Power (Yin Lai Jimmy Leung, Jonathan Lyddon-Towl, Pierpaolo Navarini, Michelle Lee)
Outstanding Compositing in a Feature
- Project Power (Russell Horth, Matthew Patience, Julien Rousseau)
For a full list of all the other projects nominated head to the announcement on the VES website.